WRA 12th Annual Conference
September 14-16, 2018
Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
Don’t miss it! Put the dates on your calendar now for the 2018 WRA conference. Highlights will include:
- NEW! Friday afternoon pre-conference Coding and Reimbursement Seminar featuring ACR’s expert, Melesia Tillman. Fee for this add-on program is just $25 for a four-hour rheumatology-specific reimbursement seminar to be held 1-5 p.m. Friday afternoon, Sept. 14. This is a great opportunity for both physicians and members of their staff. Be sure to sign up for this add-on seminar when you register for the conference.
- Welcome reception from 7-9 p.m. on Friday, September 14th is a perfect way to kick off the weekend. Colleagues and friends, along with family members and exhibitors will join together to re-connect and to enjoy hearty appetizers and beverages. Those who still have energy after the reception are welcome to join WRA President Dr. Jeff Peterson for his after-hours social in “The Grotto.”
- Healthcare Provider educational program, held all day Saturday and continuing on Sunday morning, will featuring dynamic speakers presenting on the latest topics of interest to rheumatologists as well as primary care providers and allied health professionals with an interest in rheumatic diseases. Program content will include topics such as: Microbiome and HLA-B*27-Associated Spondyloarthritis, Biosimilars, Immuno-autonomics: the clinical and economic impact of ANS stress on rheumatoid arthritis and more! Dr. Dick Whitten, of Noridian, will once again join us to share insights into Medicare and reimbursement trends.
- Practice Management track will offer a full day of sessions on Saturday designed to help administrators meet their day to day challenges and plan for what’s coming next. Presentations will include: “Managing the Rheumatology Patient in Today’s Complex Healthcare Environment,” “The effects of Utilization Management on Patients’ Access to Therapy,” “Making Sure Patient get Access to Treatment: Step by Step Preauthorization and real time tracking solutions,” “Making Rheumatology Sexy: Capstone of the Washington Payer Luncheon Survey and Round Table Discussion with managers,” and “Value in Value Based Healthcare Contracting – Rheumatology and Beyond.” The practice managers will also have breakfast on Saturday morning with Melesia Tillman to get all their specific coding and reimbursement questions answered. To see the draft agenda for the practice management track, click on this link:
Practice Management Program draft 4 schedule – as of 7-12-18
- Saturday evening’s keynote speaker, Dennis Hagemann, will provide unique insights into how rheumatology can survive and thrive in today’s healthcare environment.
- Sunday’s Advocacy Forum will feature a panel discussion with representatives from state and federal levels. Panelists will include Adam Cooper, ACR; Brittany Duffy-Goche, National Psoriasis Foundation; Steven Schultz, Arthritis Foundation and Jeb Shepard, WSMA.
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, right outside Leavenworth, WA, is a cozy and informal venue with delicious food and great amenities. Bring the family! For details on booking your room at the resort, visit the hotel page of this website.
Note that the exhibit hall at this venue is very limited and our booth space is now SOLD OUT for our 2018 meeting. If you want to be placed on a wait list for booth space, please contact our office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-956-3650.
Note that exhibitors are strongly encouraged to book their rooms at Icicle Village Inn in our discounted room block. Please visit the hotel page of this website for details on how to book a room at the Icicle Village Resort.